Are you ready to work on a program that supports mission focused projects? You will have the opportunity to work under the best leadership in the industry at all levels; where supporting their employees and what they do-is what matters.
On this program we work super hard but also has fun. We have chili cooks offs, Pi Day with Pies, lunches brought in for the teams and program, end of year celebrations, recognition awards and much, much more.
This is a high profile program supporting projects working on highly visible applications AND building the next generation of these applications.
In this role as a Systems Engineer, this individual has technical experience with DevOps tools and procedures to include working with Linux servers within a within a Cloud environment. Duties include examining customer problems and implementing appropriate corrective action to initiate a repair and handle service inquiries and problems. This role analyzes recurring problems and initiates solutions for preventing reoccurrence and analyzes existing infrastructure for tuning/performance enhancements to include building CI/CD pipelines and tool upgrades. This Individuals in this role may be required to perform technical software configuration, rebooting, and other remedial actions on customer servers. We are looking for individuals with focus, concentration, as well as patience and versatility to take part in all that is required to get mission accomplished, including O&M and R&D on top of existing duties.
• Typically requires BS degree and 15+ years or Masters with 15+ years of prior relevant experience of prior relevant, experience in lieu of degree
• Experience providing technical oversight within a team and throughout the organization
• Experience with Cloud deployment and processes, patch management and DevOps methodologies
• Experience with technical support with solving issues in a growing environment.
• Experience with server using Linux operating systems (CentOS, RHEL, or Ubuntu)
• Experience with programs of similar size and complexity
• Possesses and applies expertise on multiple complex work assignments. Assignments may be broad in nature requiring originality and innovation in determining how to accomplish tasks.
• Experience with hardening Linux environments
• Experience with BASH,Puppet, Terraform, Cloud Formation
• Experience creating and maintaining Infrastructure as code
• Experience with BASH Scripting/Automation through Linux Shell scripts or other scripting languages
• Experience in Amazon Web Service (AWS) cloud environment
• Experience with GITLAB functionality, error codes and scripting
• Strong oral and written communications skills
• Track record of working effectively within a team, and support to peers toward improved processes and results
• Must be able to work independently to develop solutions to technical problems.